The new metallic Orange POWER paint finishiOther colours to be available at the launch will be revealed later. simply radiates dynamism, youth and freshness. A lively, iridescent hue that sparkles in the spotlight - hip, lustrous and exuberant, sending out clear, positive signals about the vehicle and its driver.
The lines of the new front bumper are sharper, stronger and more precise. The expanded radiator grill and its wider chrome-plated strip are now fully integrated into the bumper - a winning combination of quality and robustness.
The stylistic revamp is emphasised at the front by new two-tone headlampsiFitted as standard from the second level of finishing.. Their Black Chrome masks give them a more piercing look, while the LED lighting signaturei100% Light Emitting Diode lighting, fitted as standard from the second level of finishing. blends feline allure with high-tech sophistication.
The rear lights with their new 3D LED lion's clawsiFitted as standard across the 208 range. are a classic PEUGEOT touch that retains its power to beguile and fascinate. An extremely even finish, a warm opalescent Red colour and an in-depth 3D effect add the finishing touches to these true gems of modern technology.
Climb into the PEUGEOT i-Cockpit. Its compact steering wheel, head-up instrument panel and large touchscreeniFitted as standard from the second level of finishing. are your ticket to a driving experience that combines punchy thrills with maximum safety.
The new PEUGEOT 208 features a range of high-tech features designed to round off the experience:
- Reverse parking cameraiUnavailable or optional, depending on the level of finishing.: to make parking manoeuvres simpler and safer.
- Park AssistiUnavailable or optional, depending on the level of finishing.: a dynamic feature that makes parking easier.
- Mirror ScreeniUnavailable, optional or fitted as standard, depending on the level of finishing.: a feature that lets you use the vehicle's touchscreen to operate your smartphone's multimedia content and appsiOnly certified MirrorLink™ or AppinCar apps will work when the car is stationary and/or when it is in motion, depending on the situation. However, some functions of the apps will be disabled while the car is in motion. Certain types of content that can be accessed free of charge on your smartphone will require a subscription to an equivalent paid certified MirrorLink™ or AppinCar app.
The Mirror Screen function operates using MirrorLink™ technology for phones that use Android, RIM or Windows and are MirrorLink™ compatible or via AppinCar for telephones using iOs. This feature requires a phone subscription that includes internet acces via your mobile phone operator. Newer smartphones will, increasingly, come with these technologies already installed..
For safety reasons, the touchscreen should only be used when the vehicle is stationary.
The new PEUGEOT 208 offers a wide range of highly efficient engines, all of which comply with the European Euro 6 standard:
- PureTech 3-cylinder petrol engines: combined cycle CO2 emissions starting at 97 g/Km on the very low consumption 1.2L PureTech 82 S&S BVM5 versioniS&S: Stop and Start; BVM5: 5-speed manual gearbox..
- BlueHDi diesel engines: combined cycle CO2 emissions starting at 79 g/Km - a record in this segment - on the 2 very low consumption 1.6L BlueHDi 75/100 S&S BVM5 versionsiS&S : Stop and Start; BVM5: 5-speed manual gearbox..
Available with the Turbo 1.2L PureTech 110 S&SiStop and Start petrol engine, the new EAT6 automatic gearbox uses Quickshift technology for faster gear shifts. It guarantees an exceptionally smooth ride, while remaining extremely easy and enjoyable to use.
The new PEUGEOT 208 also delivers exceptional safety with Active City BrakeiEmergency Urban Collision Braking System, unavailable or optional, depending on the level of finishing.: a new feature that acts on the braking systemiWhen driving at speeds below 30 km/h.. When driving on city streets, this helps avoid accidents or make them less serious if the driver is unable to respond quickly enough.