New PEUGEOT 408: Unexpected from every angle
New inspirational Fastback body style. Sleek. The latest-generation PEUGEOT-i-Cockpit®.
You have the freedom to choose between a petrol engine or plug-in hybrid*.
* Autonomy pending WLTP certification
The striking shape of the new PEUGEOT 408 is characterised by its dynamic inspirational Fastback stance. Its modern elegance makes it stand out on the road. With ground clearance raised but height contained, its sporty design and fluid lines emphasise its aerodynamic qualities.
STRIKINGLY DESIGNED REAR END
The inverted cut-out in the rear bumper astounds.
Innovative full LED Standard or unavailable depending on the version. or 3D full LED lights Standard or unavailable depending on the version. come on claw by claw.
At the back of the roof, “cats ear” shapes direct the air flow around the vehicle for optimised aerodynamics.
At the front of the long bonnet flanked by raised wings, the body-colour grille* features the new PEUGEOT badge.
The black decorative scoops surrounding the “fang-lights” emphasise the robustness of the front end.
Ultra compact full LED front lights with their very up-to-date design ensure greater visibility of the road and easier and safer night-time driving thanks to PEUGEOT Matrix LED Standard or unavailable depending on the version technology.
NEW WHEEL RIMS
The latest-generation PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® with compact steering wheel with steering wheel-mounted controls, 3D* instrument unit with 10” digital display and 10” HD central touch-screen offers high-quality ergonomics and technology.
The driving position to rival a hatchback, combined with higher posture of the new PEUGEOT 408, will make you see the road in a new light.
TOP OF THE RANGE COMFORT
In the front or the back, enjoy the accessibility of the new PEUGEOT 408 saloon.
Row 2 has generous space for the best passenger comfort.
On the central console, numerous storage locations take your objects and accessories.
The new, fully configurable PEUGEOT i-TogglesAvailable as standard or unavailable on selected models and territories - Short cut keys to air-conditioning settings, a telephone contact, radio station, application launch - configured to the user's choice give you quick and intuitive access to essential everyday functions.
Set and save your display, colour scheme and setting preferences. Up to 8 stored profiles
Experience a new definition of well-being on board the new PEUGEOT 408 with:
- LED ambient lighting. Featuring 8 colours. Available as standard
- Focal® Premium HI-FI system. Featuring 10 loudspeakers. Optional on selected models
- AQS Air Quality System: Air quality system and Clean Cabin for air quality and treatment Available as standard on selected models
CONNECTIVITY FOR ALL
Everyone benefits from optimised connectivity on board the new PEUGEOT 408:
- Induction charging As an option or unavailable depending on the version in the front within easy reach.
- Bluetooth connection possible for 2 smartphones at the same time.
- 4 USB ports. 2 in the front and 2 bar in the rear
A full suite of driver assist systems enhances your comfort and peace of mind at the wheel:
- Semi-autonomous driving with new Drive Assist 2.0 Pack.Available later. The system includes semi-automatic lane-changing and prior speed recommendation
- Night vision. Available later
- Parking assistance with 360° vision.
- Long-range blind spot monitoring. Up to 75m. Standard, optional, or not available, depending on the version
- Automatic emergency braking. Standard, optional, or not available, depending on the version
PEUGEOT i-CONNECT ADVANCED
The PEUGEOT i-Connect Advanced infotainment system frees up your interactions:
- Connected experience offering the best in the smartphone world and Over-the-Air updates. When an update is available, a message appears to start the installation. You must follow the instructions on the screen. The vehicle remains unavailable for a few minutes up to half an hour maximum.
- TomTom® Including natural-language voice recognition and automatic updating of the TomTom® map. As standard, optional or unavailable on selected models and territories. connected navigation with real-time traffic info and danger areas by TomTom Services. TomTom® services let you display all essential driving information in real time: real-time traffic, petrol stations, parking, weather, local searches and danger areas by TomTom Services (according to country legislation). All of these services come with a 3-year subscription which can be extended or renewed on line for a fee.
- Wireless MirrorScreen. The system allows you to display compatible applications from your smartphone directly on the touch screen - Available as standard or unavailable depending on the territory. Only certified Android Auto™ or Apple Carplay™ applications will be operational, when stationary or while driving as appropriate. When driving, certain features of the relevant applications will be inhibited. Some types of content that may be available for free with your smartphone require subscription to an equivalent app that is certified Android AutoTM or Apple CarPlayTM. The Mirror Screen feature works with Android AutoTM (for Android phones) or Apple CarPlayTM (for iOS phones) subject to mobile data contracts. Find out more at peugeot.country.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE
HYBRID OR PETROL
- In plug-in hybrids, go where you like, including in restricted traffic areas.
- With petrol engines, the PureTech 130 EAT8 S&S engine combines performance and efficiency.
EASIER ENERGY TRANSITION
- Simplify your journeys and manage your plug-in hybrid vehicle with PEUGEOT Easy-Charge PEUGEOT Easy-Charge: to help you access the various public or private charging solutions. Includes Free2Move for easier access to a network of more than 220,000 public charging stations in Europe. and PEUGEOT Easy-Care. PEUGEOT Easy-Care: tailored service and assistance contracts included in a single financing. Also allows you to obtain a certificate of battery capacity, useful for resale.
- Travel calmly with the free MyPeugeotThe application notably allows you to remotely manage charging or thermal pre-condition your new PEUGEOT 408 PLUG-IN HYBRID app.
408 PLUG-IN HYBRID
To partially recharge the battery, recover the energy available during braking and deceleration phases when the foot is liftedThis energy, normally lost on combustion engine versions, recharges the battery of your 408 PLUG-IN HYBRID. or activate the BrakeThis function allows the vehicle to slow down without pressing the brake pedal. As an engine brake, it recharges the battery. function.
Optimise the range of the new 408 PLUG-IN HYBRID and select your driving mode:
ElectricAllows 100% electric running* up to 135 km/h. Electric mode is the default mode activated when the car is started depending on conditions. , Hybrid alternating of electric and internal combustion driving optimises energy usage or Sportcombining the full power of combustion and electric motors to produce maximum dynamic performance .
240-400 V LITHIUM-ION BATTERY
The batteryAutonomy pending WLTP certification has a capacity of 12.4 kWh:
- Installation with no loss of passenger compartment space.
- e-SAVE function. Electrical energy available to be used during the journey.
- Battery guaranteed. The battery is guaranteed 8 years, 160,000 km for 70 % of its charge capacity.
EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS OF THE NEW 408
The new 408 gives you generous space.
- Length: 4,687 mm
- WidthExcluding mirrors : 1,848 mm
- Height: 1,486 mm
INTERIOR DIMENSIONS OF NEW 408
Front (Row 1)
- Elbow room: 1,443 mm
- Chest height: 891 mm
Rear (Row 2)
- Elbow room: 1,446 mm
- Knee room: 188 mm
- Chest height: 850 mm
The new 408 offers a generous and modular boot. The motorised boot lid facilitates arms-full access.
- Plug-In Hybrid: 471 L. volume without FOCAL HI-FI option and without spare wheel - 454 L with FOCAL HI-FI option.
- Petrol: 536 L.
* Pricing and specifications quoted in the above videos are subject to change from the time of filming and may not reflect the current pricing and specification of the vehicle.
For the latest pricing and specification please consult the download a brochure section on Peugeot.ie or speak to your local authorised dealership.